December 9, 2010

willie nelson's famous banana bread.

I don't know if this is Willie Nelson's recipe or if it's one of his favorites, but when I read that it was also the ultimate banana cake, aka UBC, over on Everybody Likes Sandwiches {love this blog!} well, I had to try this recipe. Oh my gosh, the UBC turned out absolutely delicious! The top a cinnamon and sugary crust and the inside full of banana and chocolate yumminess. The cake was a hit with these two little ladies (our girls Alicia and Bianca), so i'll be baking it again real soon.

_DSC7579.jpg
















_DSC7561.jpg

















_DSC7415.jpg

8 comments:

  1. Your cake looks very good and your girls are definitely smiling about it so I think I'll try out this recipe although I'll probably bash up a bar of plain chocolate and use instead of shop bought choc chips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love banana bread, and with the addition of chocolate...sounds pretty perfect. I will be giving this a try.
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. your girls are beautiful. The bread looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a cute boost, your girls are so lovely! and mmm, awesome looking UBC. thanks for the hookup on this site, i'm totally in need of some new culinary inspirations.

    pea ess: thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your sweet blog just in time...I am a fan of Banana bread and this one looks amazing....sigh...I will have to fit it in to my baking day along with all the gingerbread men and shortbreads.

    Off to peek around this lovely space some more. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your photos are so gorgeous!! This recipe looks to die for :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies! Happy weekend, yeee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazing. Almost like a coffee cake. In my opinion the best way to eat a bananna.

    ReplyDelete